Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Super Easy Panang Curry Soup (inspired by True Foods)

I am not generally someone that goes to a restaurant and is IN LOVE with the food so much that I want to go home and make it!  It kind of caught me off guard when I went to True Foods in San Diego last year....and I fell deeply in love with their Panang Curry!  I do LOVE curry, but I am generally not a fan of milk based soups. (chicken noodle soup fan for life!)

I found myself searching online for the recipe and I have made it several times this past year! I totally forgot about it over the summer, but this cold snap of weather we have been having, has had me on the hot soup kick for days!  I found this recipe, and I am sure that this is how a true chef would make the soup for her family! It sounds amazing!!!!

I am a bit lazier than the average "chef", and I will not make a recipe if it has a lot of ingredients.  There really is no other rhyme of reason....other than I am lazy and I hate buying something for ONE recipe only.  I made up this version of my favorite soup, and it is EASY, and it warms you from the inside out! (total bonus is that it is Gluten and Dairy Free....and can be made peanut free)


-Half of a packet of Thai Curry Paste (I use this because it has all of the spices. It is SPICY, so add what you feel comfortable with)
-Two cans of Lite Coconut Milk 
-Spoonful of creamy peanut butter (optional)
-Two Breasts of Chicken
-Shrimp (I add 4 to each bowl)
-1 cup of cooked carrots (optional)
-1 cup of cooked Broccoli (optional)
-Cooked Rice or Quinoa
*serves 4-6

Saute cubed chicken and shrimp (or use leftovers).  Bring two cans of Coconut milk to a boil (constantly stirring) and add Curry Paste  to taste.  (this is when I add a spoonful of peanut butter to cut some of the spice, but that is totally optional) Once the curry and peanut butter have incorporated,  Add the chicken, shrimp, cooked broccoli, and cooked carrots to the pot just before serving. Serve soup over rice or quinoa AND ENJOY! 

I am totally picky and I do not like cooked carrots OR broccoli, so I do not add those at all. You can honestly add any veggies that you want, or meat, and it will still taste amazing because of the curry, peanut butter and coconut milk.  I ALWAYS have those three ingredients in my pantry because you can make just about anything taste good by adding them.  

ENJOY!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips